Boston Grammar School

From History
Jump to: navigation, search

Boston Grammar School was founded in 1555 by letters patent of Philip and Mary.

Here are some general photographs of the school.

Fig 1 shows the original building used by Boston Grammar School until it moved to the present site in 1568. The arrow in Fig 2 shows the approximate location of the building on an aerial photograph believed to have been taken in the 1930s. The building was in Goodbarns Yard, off Wormgate. This is not quite the same location as the current Goodbarns Yard pub, formerly the Wormgate Inn.

Fig 3 is another part of the same photograph thought to have been taken in the 1930s. Notice the quadrangle which was completed in 1926. The field behind the school, which was to become the playing field, was not part of the school.

External links